windows implementation question

I was under the impression that an MCD was a minidriver. Well, learn something new everyday.

Originally posted by DFrey:
Siwko seems to be a little confused about the meaning of implementation. Microsoft and SGI offer software implementations of OpenGL.

Can I ask a quick one here??? Where the hell did this thread come from? I looked at the original few message’s post dates and said, “Did I write that?”

Anyways, yeah… symantics. I was refering to the interface API implementation, not the hardware driver (ICD) implementation. Sorry for the confusion there guys.

Siwko

This might be a little of topic, but if you use microsoft’s opengl, it is only in software, right? I am developing a screensaver and only want it to render in software, and not hardware. Thanks in advance.

QUESTION: I have VC++ 6.0 and am using the gl.h which came with that install. I don’t think it is the OpenGL 1.2 header. Where can I get new OpenGL 1.2 libraries and headers.

(More info in the OpenGL coding: Beginners section where I first asked this question, it just seemed to apply here too)

Thanks.

Originally posted by Paitum:
[b]QUESTION: I have VC++ 6.0 and am using the gl.h which came with that install. I don’t think it is the OpenGL 1.2 header. Where can I get new OpenGL 1.2 libraries and headers.

(More info in the OpenGL coding: Beginners section where I first asked this question, it just seemed to apply here too)

Thanks.[/b]

I read somewhere that in the near future there will be an opengl update in the windows line. And after that you can grab your 1.2 headers and libs too.

So for this time if you want 1.2 you need to use the loadlibrary and the getprocaddress mechanism.

-Csaba

Originally posted by mandroka:
[b] I read somewhere that in the near future there will be an opengl update in the windows line. And after that you can grab your 1.2 headers and libs too.

So for this time if you want 1.2 you need to use the loadlibrary and the getprocaddress mechanism.

-Csaba[/b]

Use the loadlibrary? But how will that provide me with the many #define constanst like GL_SMOOTH_POINT_SIZE_RANGE which I THINK is in the 1.2 header files?

-Paitum

Might the latest Mesa headers define the same constants? I’ve never used Mesa so I’m uncertain if the token values are the same between token names used in both Mesa and OpenGL.

I’ve looked at the OpenGL 1.2 spec and it seems to suggest that the GL_SMOOTH_POINT_SIZE_RANGE token has the same value as the 1.1 token GL_POINT_SIZE_RANGE.