Will my Aptiva's ATI RageII ever run OpenGL?

Can I get there from here??
Bought the game – and thought it could happen … but am told by the GL setup that there are no drivers for the card … do I have to update? Upgrade (the card with a new one)? Replace the vid card …? Refinance and get a new puter? Contact the game’s manufacturer?
I feel kinda slow and stupid to even ask about this – but I guess I am into this game title more than I understanding the gaming world … or my PC.
Thanks.

Your graphic card will probably never support OpenGL so you have to get a new one. GeForce2 MX is very good and low cost card. If you are uncertain if it is any idea to update can you post proccessor and other spec.

Unfortunately, the Rage II doesn’t support OpenGL.

Buying a new card could be a good option, since anything you buy now will be way better than the Rage II.

As for getting a new computer, I have no idea how old your computer is, or what its spec is, so I can’t really comment about how much I think you need to upgrade. In any case, $200 could get you a decent new setup, if you borrow enough from the old computer (disk, diskette drive, CD drive, maybe also RAM and sound card, hopefully). ATX case, Duron CPU + cheap motherboard, a GeForce2 MX400 – should be less than $200 total.

Originally posted by broken rubber:
Your graphic card will probably never support OpenGL so you have to get a new one. GeForce2 MX is very good and low cost card. If you are uncertain if it is any idea to update can you post proccessor and other spec.

Aptiva was the keyword. IBM has moved on since it was built in 1997. Think ‘dinosaur’.
It is maxed out with 64MB DIMM RAM, its 233 MHz AMD K6 Processor … and not even a joystick to speak of … = )
Will it even run a GeForce module?
Sounds like a new puter is the choice – even over a rebuild of this one.
I just have to wait to play that game.

Ouch! It pains me just to hear AMD K6. Shudder. Not that Rage II is any more respectable. It did go well with my Pentium 133.

Yes, a new computer is probably the best thing. Even the cheapest one. You could probably fit a PCI GeForce2 into your rig, but it’ll cost more than an AGP one. Might as well wait a little and do a full upgrade. Don’t need to go overboard, though. $300 will get you quite a lot… Well, maybe $100 more for a big hard disk.