When calling the vkEnumerateInstanceLayerProperties function, the layer count is set to 0. I realized that I hadn’t globally set up the environment variables in setup-env.sh so I added them to my .bashrc. Now the vulkaninfo command runs on any terminal fine except it reports no layers and says “Layers: count = 0”.
When I source the setup-env.sh in the current terminal, the vulkaninfo command now reports all the expected layers. Even though the global environment variables were set equal to what the setup-env.sh has.
OS: Linux Mint 19.2
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
Driver Version: 430
Vulkan SDK Version: 184.108.40.206
Vulkan SDK Path: /home/my-name/.vulkan/220.127.116.11
I forgot to export each of my enviornment variables. This prevented them from being accessed by subprocesses whilst still existing in the bash.