why can't get pixel depth from proE model window

Again… you need to copy opengl32.dll from glIntercept folder in app folder and gliConfig_XML***.ini from glIntercept folder in app folder and rename it to gliConfig.ini.
Edit gliConfig.ini in app folder and modify depth bufer loging options.

Now, run app and press Ctrl + Shift + F.

If still there is no result, please read some docs in glIntercept. Maybe Im missing something… I used it long time ago.

Last time I looked at Pro/ENGINEER it used a launcher to start the actual program. Means if you only got a simple log in the interceptor that was probably from the launcher and the actual process you’re working in is called something different.
And folks, there is only one depth buffer (even in stereo), it doesn’t matter if the glReadBuffer points to front or back for reading depth. :wink:

To yooyo: Yes, I copied the opengl32.dll.

To Rlic: I tried my another opengl program and still couldn’t get the buffer information.

Thanks you all.

pfff… I cant belive you didnt make it.

Assume you have opengl app in folder d: est\glapp.exe.
Install glIntercept. From c:\Program Files\glIntercept0_5 copy:

1. opengl32.dll to d: est\opengl32.dll
  2. gliConfig_XMLFrame.ini to d: est\gliConfig.ini
    Edit d: est\gliConfig.ini. Modify following lines:
  • remove // from // DepthBufferLog = (pre,post,diff);

Now run your glapp.exe at some point, press Ctrl + Shift + F
app will freeze for a moment and then continue execution. Exit app and check d: est folder. There you should find another folder… like d: est\frame_01234\ . From that folder open gliInterceptLog.xml in Internet Exporer. And thats it… examine log.

In case of proE, maybe app dont have rights to write in same folder… Adjust Log path in gliCOnfig.ini (LogPath = “c: emp”:wink:

Maybe I need try on another machine. Thanks.

Now it works.
I tried glIntercept0_3, and it works. Then I compared the gliConfig.ini file and found there’s one line different with that in glIntercept0_5:
LogPerFrame
{
Enabled = false;
FrameStartKeys = (ctrl,shift,f);
OneFrameOnly = True;
}
In glIntercept0_5 Enabled = true doesn’t work. When I changed it to false, it also works. But ctrl+shift+f is unnecessary in both version.
Thank you again for all of your help. Hope this can help me solve the problem in proE development.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.