Where to find more details about error messages

I am using the glDebugMessageCallback() to get error messages but sometimes I don’t have a clue as to what they mean.

I am wondering if there is a wiki or pdf reference manual for error messages? Similar to what we can find on each OpenGL functions when they return an error.

Right now, I am getting this one that puzzles me:
gl error source API, type Error, id 1282, severity high, length 82 ‘GL_INVALID_OPERATION error generated. State(s) are invalid: program texture usage.’

I understand it is related to texture but that is about it. I don’t recall changing code around where it now fails. Perhaps I did but when checking the code and values passed, I do not understand what is wrong. The Texture_Array_ID and Texture_Array seem to have valid numbers. The texture array was properly created last time I checked and was displaying the various textures properly but not anymore.

Here is a bit of context. The error occurs at the glDrawElements():

glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D_ARRAY_EXT, Texture_Array_ID);
glUniform1i(Texture_Array, 0);
glDrawElements(GL_PATCHES, ...);

That’s about as good of an error message as you can reasonably expect. It says where the error happened, what kind it is, and even the source (“program texture usage”). So… look at that.

Why are you using EXT_array_texture? Array textures have been standard OpenGL for nearly 15 years now.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.