When will the OpenGL1.2 be released?

OpenGL1.2 will support the AMD 3DNow!,I need that so much.Does gates decides to supported OpenGL1.2 in his win…?Where can i get some stuff about OpenGL1.2 except the OpenGL - The Industry Standard for High Performance Graphics do somebody know opengl1.2 more?

Think you got the whole concept with OpenGL slightly wrong. OpenGL does not support something. It’s just a set of functions that has to act in a certain manner. Then, if someone who is writing the implementation of OpenGL plans to support something is another question. Yes, some implementations might support 3DNow, some might not.

And OpenGL 1.2.1 will be supported by Windows in a future. It has been said to be released with the second service pack to Windows 2000.

OpenGL 1.2 itself has been out for quite a while.

To correct it: When will Microsoft support OpenGL 1.2 through the opengl32.dll?

Answer: Don’t wait for it.

But you can get the function pointers through wglGetProcAddress in then nVidia drivers at least.

Originally posted by Michael Steinberg:
But you can get the function pointers through wglGetProcAddress in then nVidia drivers at least.

for people that would be interested, the Radeon drivers are also opengl 1.2

OpenGL does not support something

well, yeah, OpenGL does not support something : in fact, it IS supported by host platforms

Right,the OpenGL will not support something?

but,maybe the nVidia must design his product to support opengl,but the amd or intel will do that,too?

Is opengl use his self code to use MMX or 3DNOW! when on soft mode?
If openGL self don’t care MMX or 3DNOW!,which .dll can it use?

sorry for my poor english.

Suvcon, your questions are about OpenGL Implementations, not about OpenGL as it is (a graphics API). Technologies such as MMX, etc, are taken advantage of in OpenGL implementations, such as software implementations or hardware 3d card drivers. Here are some examples:
-I think Microsoft software implementation doesn’t use any MMX, 3D Now!, or any other kind of SIMD optimizations.
-SGI Software OpenGL for Win32 uses MMX optimizations in 16bit color, and uses some pretty advanced assembly-level optimizations.
-Mesa3D Software OpenGL clone is fully featured, but not too much speed optimized yet.
-Hardware vendors are already using SIMD optimizations (even in MacOS, Linux, etc), just have to check with each vendor what their cards and drivers do.

About DLLs, you shouldn’t worry about them. If you have a card that has a full opengl implementation (almost all 2 year old cards or younger), then you should only install the drivers and you have instant OpenGL acceleration.
If you want to test a particular software implementation (such as mesa), or use some kind of minidriver then you can mess up with manually loading the dll in your code, but that shouldn’t be necesary.

Coco:
-I think Microsoft software implementation doesn’t use any MMX, 3D Now!, or any other kind of SIMD optimizations

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
8)
thanks a lot for your direct.Get clear now,thank you again.

but,why you say :“i think miscrosoft…”.It is true or false in fact ?"I think "mean what?^$^$#^$$%^^&*((
8(