whats best setup for games(G-force 2 64 meg.DDR)

I just got nascar4 ,and it runs slower when set to Open Glide then to D3D,what can i adjust to speed games up in Open Glide with out hurting veido performance? thanks mike

try disabling antilasing and lower the level of mip-mapping. if it gives you the option, switch to 16 bit color, not 32
-good luck :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

devguys::entity software->bobert

Thanks for the help

Help someone please

What’s Open Glide? There is OpenGL and Glide, both of which are completely seperate APIs… Glide is a 3dfx API. About all we can tell you is to make sure you’ve got the latest drivers. Unless you’ve got the source code to Nascar4, we probably can’t help much more than that.

Originally posted by Deiussum:
What’s Open Glide? There is OpenGL and Glide, both of which are completely seperate APIs… Glide is a 3dfx API. About all we can tell you is to make sure you’ve got the latest drivers. Unless you’ve got the source code to Nascar4, we probably can’t help much more than that.

Iam sorry,i ment Open GL. and were is a good place to get the latest openGL drivers

Originally posted by Deiussum:

Iam sorry,i ment Open GL. and were is a good place to get the latest openGL drivers

Well… you could go to your card manufacturer’s web page to get drivers, but since you’ve got a GeForce, you will probably get better results with Nvidia’s Detonator drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/products.nsf/htmlmedia/detonator3.html

Ironmike, no offense, but if you don’t list system specs, then you really can’t get help.

Besides, this forum is for programmers, not game junkies. (although most programmers are game junkies anyway! )

If the game works good in D3D, then why bother with openGL? Install the latest DX8, and see if that help.