what does this error mean?

I added a few libraries in the project->settings under the link tab and i get this link error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file “glut32.lib”.

I am using Visual C++ 6.0

When i don’t include the library, these are the errors I get:
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/opengl.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

any help would be nice…

Originally posted by ealewsi:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file “glut32.lib”.

It means that your compiler could not find that file. Check yout library paths and check you have the file. This .lib is required in order to tell the linker where are coded the Glut functions you are using.

Sounds like you don’t have the file glut32.lib on your computer.
Make sure the library file glut32.lib is in the MSVC lib directory on your computer.
You may need to download it.

Originally posted by ealewsi:
[b]I added a few libraries in the project->settings under the link tab and i get this link error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file “glut32.lib”.

I am using Visual C++ 6.0

When i don’t include the library, these are the errors I get:
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/opengl.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

any help would be nice…[/b]

No, the problem is he’s not linking to glut32.lib. You have to go to Project->Settings and click the “Link” tab and add it to the list of files to link to.

CGameProgramme, as the linker already wanted to open glut32.lib, the library has to be in the linker settings or included through a #pragma. But the linker couldnt finde the file, so it doesnt exist, or at least not where the linker searches.

So far as the unresolved _main goes, it sounds like you started your app as a console app, but used a WinMain. The main difference between Win32 console and Win32 Application is the entry point of the program.

Win32 console -> main()
Win32 App -> WinMain()