Weird prob when exiting games

OK this may not be a new prob but I updated to winxp and now when I exit an OpenGL game my desktop is very dark and if I start a different game it’s impossible to see anything even if I change the gamma setting back to what they where. The only solution is to reboot the machine. It reminds me of the problem I used to have with Q3 where I had to add the hardware default command line to the config file. Anybody any tips ??

PIII 500
TNT2 Ultra (latest nvida drivers)
392mb
winXP

I am sooo having this problem with my card to it is fine when i turn on computer but in 20 secs after it loads everything the gamma bar goes to normal so i adjust it but wheen starting a game the gamma shoots to hell and i cant see nothing very iritating i have adjusted my moniter to its max and i have adjusted all sliders to there max i really hope there is a solution to this problem for i like my card just to damn dark

geforce 2 64 meg

Originally posted by Overfeind:
[b]I am sooo having this problem with my card to it is fine when i turn on computer but in 20 secs after it loads everything the gamma bar goes to normal so i adjust it but wheen starting a game the gamma shoots to hell and i cant see nothing very iritating i have adjusted my moniter to its max and i have adjusted all sliders to there max i really hope there is a solution to this problem for i like my card just to damn dark

geforce 2 64 meg[/b]

forgot to mention windows xp

Same problem here, has anyone had any joy sorting this out?

I’ve been doing some hunting and found the following solution to our problems:

start|run| msconfig, go to services tab and remove nvidia driver helper.

I’ve not tired it myself yet, I’ll let you know how it goes. Btw, I don’t think it’s just OpenGL it affects. It happens when I exit Max Payne too, and that’s D3D.

K, ignore that… doesn’t work.