Vulkan is rendering visible pixel in GLFW

I’ve been following the vkguide tutorial series (before hand I went over vulkan-tutorial guide and a number of others), but when I render, instead of a solid color, vulkan renders a grid of pixels over a visible black background

As a complete beginner (I started less than a week a go), I have no clue why it looks this. There are no validation errors. My best guess is some sort of DPI/scaling issue or something else related to the swapchain/framebuffer creation process.

To give some context, I am using GLFW3 to create the window surface and when I create the swapchain images the size is set to whatever glfwGetFramebufferSize returns. Any help would most appreciated!

This looks like your attachments are either not cleared properly, or discarded after the render pass. Can you post the part of your code that sets up the load and store ops for your attachments? I guess the storeop for your color attachment isn’t set to VK_ATTACHMENT_STORE_OP_STORE.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, thank you SO much! Setting it to VK_ATTACHMENT_STORE_OP_STORE(or vk::AttachmentStoreOp::eStore in vulkan.hpp) worked ! I think that must be a bug in the guide I was following, because they said to set it to VK_ATTACHMENT_STORE_OP_DONT_CARE.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.