Vulkan.h include problem, getting started step

i, I setup the vulkan sdk environment exactly according to the instruction in gettin started guide (sorry can not post link):

In brief, I installed and verified ICD is present for my graphics card in one of the specified location.
Downloaded and untar-red the vulkan-sdk into root and used setup-env.sh to initialize env. Also including in bashrc to invoke it everytime.

THe above instruction in the URL had cpp and make build instruction using simple vulkan app, but today I am somehow unable to locate. I know I followed it exactly. Now instead I have some vague cmake simple app isntruction.
Anyways, I pasted the effort from yesterday below and problem is build error says vulkan.h is missing.

BELOW IS 1. CPP AND 2. MAKEFILE + 3. BUILD OUTPUT.

The build output complains glfw include statement unable to find <vulkan/vulkan.h> but I included that in the searchable path:

/root/vulkan/1.1.114.0/x86_64/include:/root/vulkan/1.1.114.0/x86_64/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin:/usr/local/include/

Also makefile also some following statements:

CFLAGS = -std=c++17 -I$(VULKAN_SDK_PATH)/include

So why is it complaining about not finding the vulkan.h?

#define GLFW_INCLUDE_VULKAN
#include <GLFW/glfw3.h>

#define GLM_FORCE_RADIANS
#define GLM_FORCE_DEPTH_ZERO_TO_ONE
#include <glm/vec4.hpp>
#include <glm/mat4x4.hpp>

#include <iostream>

int main() {
glfwInit();

glfwWindowHint(GLFW_CLIENT_API, GLFW_NO_API);
GLFWwindow* window = glfwCreateWindow(800, 600, "Vulkan window", nullptr, nullptr);

uint32_t extensionCount = 0;
vkEnumerateInstanceExtensionProperties(nullptr, &extensionCount, nullptr);

std::cout << extensionCount << " extensions supported" << std::endl;

glm::mat4 matrix;
glm::vec4 vec;
auto test = matrix * vec;

while(!glfwWindowShouldClose(window)) {
glfwPollEvents();

}

glfwDestroyWindow(window);

glfwTerminate();

return 0;
}
VULKAN_SDK_PATH = /home/user/VulkanSDK/x.x.x.x/x86_64

CFLAGS = -std=c++17 -I$(VULKAN_SDK_PATH)/include
LDFLAGS = -L$(VULKAN_SDK_PATH)/lib `pkg-config --static --libs glfw3` -lvulkan

VulkanTest: main.cpp
g++ $(CFLAGS) -o VulkanTest main.cpp $(LDFLAGS)

.PHONY: test clean

test: VulkanTest
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(VULKAN_SDK_PATH)/lib VK_LAYER_PATH=$(VULKAN_SDK_PATH)/etc/vulkan/explicit_layer.d ./VulkanTest

clean:
rm -f VulkanTest
root@guyen-MS-7B22:~/vulkantest# make
g++ -std=c++17 -I/home/user/VulkanSDK/x.x.x.x/x86_64/include -o VulkanTest main.cpp -L/home/user/VulkanSDK/x.x.x.x/x86_64/lib `pkg-config --static --libs glfw3` -lvulkan
In file included from main.cpp:2:0:
/usr/local/include/GLFW/glfw3.h:111:12: fatal error: vulkan/vulkan.h: No such file or directory
#include <vulkan/vulkan.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Makefile:7: recipe for target 'VulkanTest' failed
make: *** [VulkanTest] Error 1
root@guyen-MS-7B22:~/vulkantest#

Probably simply because the path is wrong. For one /x.x.x.x/. And then once you have /home/user/VulkanSDK and second time you have /root/vulkan/1.1.114.0.

If you are using installable SDK, run source setup-env.sh (which sets the env for the open terminal session), and from that point forward use $VULKAN_SDK variable which was set by the script.

Daang, that was one of the mistake, but fixing that path did not help either. However I did copy the vulkan headers into /usr/local/include but i apparently i copied in such a way it stored as:
/usr/local/include/include/vulkan/. Once fixed that worked. Thanks!

Instead tainting your system folder with manual changes I instead suggest to use the packaged version of the SDK.

yeah, once I get a handle of how thing works and documents, I’d prefer to use the packaged one. How do I installed packaged version? On ubuntu it did not work through apt.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.