Vkcube does not show anything and closes

I am trying to show a triangle with vulkan and I am following the tutorials from Brendan galea. But it crashes once I try to check if vkCreateGraphicsPipeline(…) = VK_SUCESS because it have the following error.
Exception thrown at 0x00007FFEF8E4EFCD (nvoglv64.dll) in Vulkan.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000001AA8.
After trying to see if I did something wrong I tried to execute vkcube but it pops a loading window and closes automatically. Then I tried with the CMD but does not return anything. I have installed the latest nvidea drivers but nothing changed. Some idea?

Any access violation reading a location with a low value is most likely caused by attempting to dereference a NULL pointer. 0x1AA8 is 6824 in decimal, which is (1024 * 6) + 680, or 680 bytes beyond something sized at 6k.

You should be able to make a debug build which will terminate the program at the point of the crash and let you trace it that way. Alternatively you can use your own knowledge of your program and the objects it uses, together with the size/offset of 6824, to track down that pointer.

Hi, now I am trying to just try to make vkcube work if I try the command vkvia it outputs this:

VIA_INFO:    SDK Found! - Will attempt to run tests                                                                     VIA_INFO:       Attempting to run vkcube.exe in C:\VulkanSDK\1.2.189.2\Bin                                              VIA_INFO:           Command-line: vkcube.exe --c 100 --suppress_popups                                                  VIA_INFO:       Attempting to run cube.exe in C:\VulkanSDK\1.2.189.2\Bin                                                VIA_INFO:           Command-line: cube.exe --c 100 --suppress_popups                                                    VIA_WARNING: cube.exe not found.  Skipping.                                                                             VIA_ERROR:   Unknown Test failure occurred.     

I will try to put another drivers to the GPU because is the last resource I have.

After trying with 2 driver changes I outputs the same thing. I tried to play dota 2 using vulkan and it works flawlessly.

If you actually read the error message:

VIA_INFO:    SDK Found! - Will attempt to run tests
VIA_INFO:       Attempting to run vkcube.exe in C:\VulkanSDK\1.2.189.2\Bin
VIA_INFO:           Command-line: vkcube.exe --c 100 --suppress_popups
VIA_INFO:       Attempting to run cube.exe in C:\VulkanSDK\1.2.189.2\Bin
VIA_INFO:           Command-line: cube.exe --c 100 --suppress_popups
VIA_WARNING: cube.exe not found.  Skipping.
VIA_ERROR:   Unknown Test failure occurred.

This is nothing to do with your driver, this is because the cube.exe file was not found. Changing your driver won’t fix that.

The error of cube.exe not found is true, but vkcube does not work either. It just creates a white window and closes immediately. As you can see, the error is not that it is unknown.

Mystery crashes might be caused by defective\malware implicit layers. Check all the layers you have installed and try to uninstall some old crap if there is any.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.