vkCreateComputePipelines crash

Hi guys. I write the compute shader with SPIR-V.
My shader uses SPV_KHR_shader_ballot extension, with SPIR-V 1.4. Result is OK under RTX 3050 GPU. I modify the shader based on assumption that subgroupSize is 1. My modification are as follows:

1. OpSubgroupBallotKHR(datatype,pred) → OpSelect(datatype,pred,Constant(datatype,1u),Constant(datatype,0u));
  2. SubgroupLtMask → Constant(datatype,0u);

For the modified code,VKShaderMoudule is successfully generated. But it’s crash when I call vkCreateComputePiplelines to generate VkPipeline.
I have tried modifying the SPIR-V version from 1.4 to 1.3, but still crashing.
I have no idea for this crash. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What do the validation layers say?

My GPU support VK_LAYER_LUNARG_standard_validation under ubuntu20.04. Call vkCreateInstance with VK_LAYER_LUNARG_standard_validation and VK_EXT_DEBUYG_UTILS_EXTENSION_NAME .
Call vkCreateDebugUtilsMessengerEXT with VkDebugUtilsMessengerCreateInfoEXT{ .sType = VK_STRUCTURE_TYPE_DEBUG_UTILS_MESSENGER_CREATE_INFO_EXT, .pNext = nullptr, .flags = 0, .messageSeverity = VK_DEBUG_UTILS_MESSAGE_SEVERITY_ERROR_BIT_EXT | VK_DEBUG_UTILS_MESSAGE_SEVERITY_WARNING_BIT_EXT | VK_DEBUG_UTILS_MESSAGE_SEVERITY_INFO_BIT_EXT | VK_DEBUG_UTILS_MESSAGE_SEVERITY_VERBOSE_BIT_EXT, .messageType = VK_DEBUG_UTILS_MESSAGE_TYPE_GENERAL_BIT_EXT | VK_DEBUG_UTILS_MESSAGE_TYPE_VALIDATION_BIT_EXT | VK_DEBUG_UTILS_MESSAGE_TYPE_PERFORMANCE_BIT_EXT, .pfnUserCallback = Callback, .pUserData = nullptr, }
I only get the VK_DEBUG_UTILS_MESSAGE_SEVERITY_VERBOSE_BIT_EXT output.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.