Visual Studio .NET, Windows XP, and GLUT(OpenGL)

:slight_smile:

Is there a way to recompile the GLUT Libraries to be used with Windows XP and Visual Studio .NET? Does anyone have the glut.lib, glut32.lib, glut.dll, glut32.dll and glut.h working with Visual Studio .NET and Windows XP?

:slight_smile:

I just gave it a quick test, and the VC6 headers and libraries worked fine for me in VS.Net. And OS shouldn’t have anything to do with the compiling. Are you sure you have the VC6 libraries, and did you put them in the correct places?

That what I am trying to figure out. I need to know where the dll and lib and h files need be place in VS.NET folders.

Originally posted by Deiussum:
I just gave it a quick test, and the VC6 headers and libraries worked fine for me in VS.Net. And OS shouldn’t have anything to do with the compiling. Are you sure you have the VC6 libraries, and did you put them in the correct places?

Underneath your Visual studio.Net directory should be a folder called VC7. Under that should be directories called lib and include. Put the .lib files in the lib folder and put the .h files in include/GL.

So far as getting glut, this site has a link to the VC headers and libraries here: http://www.opengl.org/developers/documentation/glut.html

In the VC7 Lib and include or the PlatformSDK\lib and PlatformSDK\include\gl, since I only found the gl folder in the VC7\PlatformSDK\include and the gl.lib and glu.lib found in the PlatformSDK\lib, and the glu.h and gl.h found in the VC7\PlatformSDK\include\gl folder.

Originally posted by Deiussum:
[b]Underneath your Visual studio.Net directory should be a folder called VC7. Under that should be directories called lib and include. Put the .lib files in the lib folder and put the .h files in include/GL.

So far as getting glut, this site has a link to the VC headers and libraries here: http://www.opengl.org/developers/documentation/glut.html [/b]

It should work from either place, as both places are in the search paths. (The search paths can be found by going to Tools->Options->Projects->VC++Directories, and selecting Include Files/Library Files from the drop down.)