Video streaming using OpenGL

Hi Everyone,
I am new to OpenGL,i want to stream a Video and audio from PC to TV via HDMI cable,instead of viewing the PC’s desktop screen on TV.How can i achieve this by using OpenGL please help me.Thanks in advance.

I don’t understand. Why would this require making your own OpenGL program? Can’t you just plug your PC to a TV?

As thor4000 point out, this has little or nothing to do with OpenGL. If you want your PC to function as a video player (e.g. DVR), you want to check out video decode and playback APIs available for your platform. Some of these make use of the PC’s GPU to accelerate video decode and playback (as many GPUs include fixed-function hardware that can be used to accelerate video encode/decode, saving CPU cycles).

Post what platform (e.g. Linux, Windows, etc.) and what GPU vendor(s) you’re targeting (if any), and we can give you a few pointers to other projects/APIs to get you started.

[QUOTE=Dark Photon;1289980]As thor4000 point out, this has little or nothing to do with OpenGL. If you want your PC to function as a video player (e.g. DVR), you want to check out video decode and playback APIs available for your platform. Some of these make use of the PC’s GPU to accelerate video decode and playback (as many GPUs include fixed-function hardware that can be used to accelerate video encode/decode, saving CPU cycles).

Post what platform (e.g. Linux, Windows, etc.) and what GPU vendor(s) you’re targeting (if any), and we can give you a few pointers to other projects/APIs to get you started.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply Dark Photon:),I am using windows 10 platform with AMD RADEON HD5450 graphics card as well as i am trying to implement this project on linux for that i am using raspberry pi 3 model-b.can you please suggest some API or examples for both platform,if any available means let me know.

[QUOTE=sathishkumar;1290001]I am using:

[1)] windows 10 platform with AMD RADEON HD5450 graphics card as well as…
[2)] linuxraspberry pi 3 model-b.[/QUOTE]

Ok, hopefully others will be able to chime in her for you, as most of my experience is with NVidia GPUs on Linux and Windows. However, here are a few search terms with links that might help function as a jumping off point. I’ve intentionally leaned toward the GPU-hardware-accelerated decode support and also toward AMD GPUs with this list.

Windows

[ul]
[li]DxVA - DirectX Video Acceleration [/li][/ul]
Linux

[ul]
[li]XvMC - X Video Motion Compensation[/li][li]XvBA - X Video Bitstream Acceleration[/li][li]NVidia VDPAU - Video Decode and Presentation API for UNIX (accelerated decode for NVidia and some AMD GPUs) (another link)[/li][/ul]
Cross-platform (Windows and Linux):

[ul]
[li]NVidia Video Codec SDK (accelerated video encode/decode on NVidia GPUs) [/li][li]AMD UVD - Unified Video Decoder (see UVD refs on VDPAU page) [/li][li]AMD VCN - Video Core Next [/li][/ul]

That said, there’s nothing to say you couldn’t just use a CPU-based software decoder and a high-end multi-core CPU to do the decoding, reducing your GPU needs to just being able to display decoded video frames. This’ll require higher bus bandwidth as well though.