Using multiple monitors

Currently, I’m rendering textures on a borderless full screen window. I want to be able to render the same thing on to a different monitor at the same time. To clarify, I want two monitors each displaying the same texture at the same time.

Is it possible for two swapchains to use the same texture at the same time?

If not, are there any workarounds that I could use to accomplish the same effect?

Is it possible for two swapchains to use the same texture at the same time?

Not really, no. The closest you could get to that is some multiview schenanigans, but that’s intended for VR goggles and probably won’t work with standard displays.

Outside of that, the simplest solution is to just render to a non-swapchain image and copy the result to the two swapchain images. You might get fancier by using multiple render target attachments (rendering to the two swapchain images at the same time), but that would require the shaders to be altered to write the same output to two seperate variables.

Hello

Yes you can use multiple swapchains to produce the same texture equally on two monitors. The ability to reference the same texture resource by each swapchain allows for synchronized processing on different monitors.