Urgent! opengl texture help!

We are working on a major OPENGL Graphical demonstration for a course and for some strange reason the texture for the .obj object displayed is not showing up at all despite using every single tweak possibly findable on the internet, google, gamedev, etc…we’re sure this is some random small problem but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone identify this problem and let us know what in the world is going wrong!!! (Lighting, instantiation, source code, etc!!!)

Please let us know of anything you see or are familiar with…working source code, project files, ideas, or any sort of advice is GREATLY appreciated!!!

We have until 20:40 tommorow to get a project we’ve spent over a year on to display our models!!!

Please help!!!

The URL is: http://www.columbia.edu/~dmm2141/screenshot.JPG

i believe the textureing is showing up
its just very dark
try increasing the global illumination from 0.2,0.2,0.2 to 0.8,0.8,0.8 (or something)

If your surface normals aren’t facing the right way then the surfaces would not illuminate properly, which could lead to the phenomeneon you see.

Needless to say, the surface normals should be directed out from the surface, not in.

Try reversing them, and see if that helps.

Another potential problem might be that the normal coordinates must be normalized i.e. magnitudes between 0.0 and 1.0. You can easily do this for each direction by dividing by the length i.e. x / x^^2 + y^^2 + z^^2 for the x-value etc.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.