Unable to Install Collada Plugin for Maya 2008 on OS X 10.5

Hi
Im new here
and ive been trying for days to search on the net and install the COLLADA plugin for maya 2008

all i get is this message every time

Last login: Wed Jan 7 19:50:09 on ttys000
/Users/Orion/Downloads/ColladaMaya_3_05BU/MacInstallColladaMaya2008Release.sh ; exit;
Macintosh:~ Orion$ /Users/Orion/Downloads/ColladaMaya_3_05BU/MacInstallColladaMaya2008Release.sh ; exit;
rm: /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2008/plug-ins/COLLADA.bundle: No such file or directory
cp: Output/Release/COLLADA_m2008.bundle: No such file or directory
chmod: /Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2008/plug-ins/COLLADA.bundle: No such file or directory
chmod: scripts/: No such file or directory
cp: scripts/AE
: No such file or directory
cp: scripts/collada*: No such file or directory
cp: scripts/*.xpm: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

It does not work

Im running an intel mac
with os 10.5.5
maya 2008 unlimited

can someone please help me??

BTW the files i downloaded were

ColladaMaya_OSX_3.05B

I tried the same file downloaded from Feeling Software web site, I found there are several things you need to do:

1. You need to run the installation script from the folder where the script is.

2. Edit the script to replace the ‘Output/Release/COLLADA_m2008.bundlet’ with ‘build/Release/COLLADA_m2008.bundle’. If you check the decompressed package, that’s where the bundle file resides.

3. While I was editing the script, there were two trailing ‘carriage return’ at the end of the first two command lines. I had to delete them in order for the script to execute properly, chances are you’ll need to do the same. If you use ‘vim’ to edit, delete the ‘^M’ symbols at the end of the two lines. After this step, you should be able to see the plug-in copied to the right place.

Note: You might still encounter problem when you load the COLLADA plugin using the Maya plug-in manager due to Cg version incompatibility issue, I am still searching for a way to get around the problem.

we’ll provide an updated installer-version for the nextGen and the FCollada based COLLADAMaya plugins next week that are based on Autodesk uninstaller mechanism. Please stay tuned
Sebastian

the corresponding documentation is available at
http://colladamaya.sf.net/osx_installation_help/

The DMG is hosted at
http://downloads.sf.net/colladamaya/COL … .2_bin.dmg

Sebastian