Trying to find a tutorial.

Hello,

I am trying to find a tutorial on creating 3D Bitmap Fonts using GLUT and only GLUT, can somebody help me? Thank You.

Edit: Even better, if you can, please help me find a tutorial using anti-aliasing also using GL_ONE_MINUS_ALPHA_SRC and also using GLUT, Thank You.

• VC6-OGL

[This message has been edited by VC6-OGL (edited 01-31-2003).]

Hi !

Not sure what you mean here, both things are pretty much OpenGL related and does not depend much on anything else, so if you use glut or something other does not matter much,

Anyway, what do you mean with 3D bitmap font ?, a 3D vector font I can understand, but a 3D bitmap font boggles my mind a bit ?

Your second question, just search for the keyword on google or any other prefered search engine and you will find lot’s of tutorials.

Mikael

You should be able to convert just about any of the nehe tutors to glut.

I think some are already have glut versions.

Originally posted by VC6-OGL:
[b]Hello,

I am trying to find a tutorial on creating 3D Bitmap Fonts using GLUT and only GLUT, can somebody help me? Thank You.

Edit: Even better, if you can, please help me find a tutorial using anti-aliasing also using GL_ONE_MINUS_ALPHA_SRC and also using GLUT, Thank You.

• VC6-OGL

[This message has been edited by VC6-OGL (edited 01-31-2003).][/b]

Yup, NeHe has a tutorial on the subject matter…if what you are looking for is Outline Fonts.

• Halcyon