Texturing the front and back of a quad...

As per subject line… except!

What I want to do is take a quad, and texture the front and back with a human-readable text-based texture. The key is, if you look at the front, you can read whats on the texture, AND if you rotate it around 180 degrees so you’re looking at the back, you can still read the info on the texture (ie: not mirrored).

Any suggestions?

Siwko

I guess I’d just split it into two seperate one sided quads. Else you’ll have to test which way it is facing and reorder its texture coordinates before drawing it.

That sounds like what I was going to do… but the thing is I don’t want any offset between the two quads. My question would then be, if I were two draw two identical quads with the same coordinates (opposite tex coords), how do I ensure that the quads would not Z-Fight, as they have the same coordinates?

Siwko

Enable backface culling, and make sure both quads have the same winding as viewed from the front. That way when one appears with clockwise winding, the other will be counter-clockwise and vice versa.

Originally posted by DFrey:
Enable backface culling, and make sure both quads have the same winding as viewed from the front. That way when one appears with clockwise winding, the other will be counter-clockwise and vice versa.

Slick. I’ll try it.

Thanks!