I have a simple problem.
I wrote some pretty straightforward GL code for walkthrought.
On my GeForce 2, it seems that enabling textures slows down a lot the drawing (as expected).
My configuration is
- 32 bit rendering
- 32 bit texture
- mipmap linear-mipmap-linear
(kind of the worst case for everything).
When texture are drawn (< 16b MB, so fit in memory and bounded with glBindTexture) the system slows down by a factor of 2.
The questions are
- when using non mipmaps, the slowdown is pretty much the same - why?
- if in windows control panel, i say to use 16-bit texture, is it actually doing it
- what is the best 16 bit texture format
- what anyone can suggest to speed upo my little application
Thanks a lot, and sorry for the lengthy message.