Texture objects?

I´m trying to write a textureclass/wrapper thing but I can´t get it to work with texture objects. Here is some code:
class CTextureObject {
GLubyte texels[64][64][3];
GLuint name;
void bind();
void fix();
CTextureObject();
};

void CTextureObject::CTextureObject()
{
glGenTextures(1, &name);
bind();
}

void CTextureObject::bind()
{
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, name);
}

void CTextureObject::fix()
{
bind();
setTextureParams();
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB8, size, size, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, texels);
}

My idea is to make/load a texture into texels[64][64][3] and then call fix(). Then when I need the texture I just call bind(). But this doesn´t work. When I do this it´s only the last texture fix(ed) that is binded. If I call fix() every time I need a texture all is fine.

No idea.
Side note: If you call glGenTextures in a constructor, you should call glDeleteTextures in a destructor.

I had a very similar problem. glGetError() (is that right?) helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. You cant call Bind() within glBegin()/glEnd() Check to make sure you aren’t doing this.

Relic: Thanks for that, I always forget to clean up my mess
BwB: I did as you suggested but there was no GL_ERROR. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else? Please

When are your objects created? If you try and use gl* calls before you’ve created a window with a valid pixelformat, they won’t work. So for instance if you did something like so…

CTextureObject g_object; // Global object
// object will be created
// and try to use gl* calls
// when program is first started

void main()
{
// … glut init stuff
glutCreateWindow(); // Window won’t be created until here
// so any GL calls prior to this
// (Such as your constructor in the global object)
// will have failed
}

Thank you!

You must suply Mag nad Mig filters to current texture.

I think Deiussum solved your problem, right?

Side note: avoid using the multi-dimensional

notation when specifying bitmap data. Some compilers (including some versions of MSVC in Debug mode IIRC) allocate extra “guard bytes” before and after array storage in order to detect out-of-range pointer errors, which means that you’ll get junk after each line and possibly after each pixel and your texure will wind up looking corrupted. Use a one dimensional array instead, i.e.

GLubyte texels[64643];

[This message has been edited by MikeC (edited 03-19-2001).]

Originally posted by MikeC:
[b]Side note: avoid using the multi-dimensional

[quote]

notation when specifying bitmap data. Some compilers (including some versions of MSVC in Debug mode IIRC) allocate extra “guard bytes” before and after array storage in order to detect out-of-range pointer errors, which means that you’ll get junk after each line and possibly after each pixel and your texure will wind up looking corrupted. Use a one dimensional array instead, i.e.

GLubyte texels[64643];

[/b][/QUOTE]

Pardon me, but it is just pure nonsense.
And if you can prove otherwise - well, than maybe Earth is flat after all…

btw, memory manager in the debug version of the run-time library usually uses special “guard” blocks before and after each memory block allocated by new/malloc.
It has nothing to do with structure/array packing, and doesn’t matter from C & C++ standards point of view.