texture combine modes etc.

Hello,

is there any tutorial explainig all those texture combining modes (GL_TEXTURE_COMBINE_EXT)? I find them quite complicated and cannot find any documentation that is really a) complete and b) understandable… any links?

Thanks
Jan

I don’t know of any tutorial dealing only with the texture combine functions, but they are really not that hard to understand. I think you know what the extension is good for and all info needed you can find in the SGI extension registry (take a look at all GL_ARB_texture_env extensions). If you understand how blending works you will very fast understand how to use texture combine.

I have already looked there, I know how blending works and I know what the extension is good for, but I still do not completely understand it, it seems like this is easy for everyone except for me . I will look again and then post more questions, I hope this is ok.

Thanks
Jan

The latest OpenGL v1.4 specs are here: http://www.opengl.org/developers/documentation/specs.html

There’s a table somewhere around page 155-156 that lists the arguments for COMBINE_RGB.

But, I wouldn’t expect anybody to immediately understand it if they never used these arguments before.