Submarine Manuvering Animation

I never use OpenGL. Can any one help me for movement of submarine with depth values saved in database of Microsoft Access file? As depth of the submarine changes, the values in the database field change. I want to regenerate the manuvering of submarine movement by using database values of the depth saved in the database.

Originally posted by Shariq Aqeel:
I never use OpenGL. Can any one help me for movement of submarine with depth values saved in database of Microsoft Access file? As depth of the submarine changes, the values in the database field change. I want to regenerate the manuvering of submarine movement by using database values of the depth saved in the database.
Salam Shariq,
I don’t think it is a good idea to store depth values in a database and then reference each value from the database every time the screen updates. We have 25 to 30 frames per second running imagine what would happen if you have 25-30 calls to database to get /set values in it.
Instead you can use an external file or an array to hold values which would be fast enough for most of the work.

Look at the modelview matrix and using glTranslate on that matrix.