StereoScopic

HE wants to create a stereoscopic image in whatever method. With one or two windows, crosseyed or not I don’t care! All I want is to create a stereoscopic image!!!

Have somebody take photographs of yourself from two slightly different positions. Digital camera preferred. Upload them to your machine. Open them in Photoshop. Put the two images side by side into the work space. Stare at your screen until you see a stereoscopic image.

Good, huh?

Before spending ages trying to do quad buffering (i.e. back_left back_right etc) make sure your graphics card supports it!

Originally posted by Gavin:
Before spending ages trying to do quad buffering (i.e. back_left back_right etc) make sure your graphics card supports it!

It does!!!

I’ve never tried it, but according to the docs glut has everything you need. You can open multiple windows and assign different rendering and input functions to them.

[This message has been edited by zeckensack (edited 03-09-2002).]

Glut happily creates multiple windows if you so wish. Other things to consider…
Have you actually launched opengl in quad buffered mode and checked? Just we had some major driver/os problems. Also you need to be displaying at about 120hz, less than this will cause eye strain and a poor stereo effect. (basically your brain works at 60hz ish). So as well as a good graphics card, and processor/memory, a good monitor is needed.

gav

dear gavin,

I am working on a 3DLabs Oxygen GVX420, which I think that it is pretty fine. My monitor is 21" and it supports up to 1600*1200 @ 147hz. Can you tell me again in what speed my brain works???

Thanks a lot
SeeDAreW

[b]Glut happily creates multiple windows if you so wish. Other things to consider…
Have you actually launched opengl in quad buffered mode and checked? Just we had some major driver/os problems. Also you need to be displaying at about 120hz, less than this will cause eye strain and a poor stereo effect. (basically your brain works at 60hz ish). So as well as a good graphics card, and processor/memory, a good monitor is needed.

gav[/b]

I forgot to tell you I have 1GB of DDR-Ram and my processor is a Pentium 4 @ 2.2GHz

Thanks again
SeeDAreW

[b]Glut happily creates multiple windows if you so wish. Other things to consider…

gav[/b]

Just be aware when you are looking at your images that this frame rate is very important, so when you think it isn’t working, it may be but just not fast enough to be tricking your brain into thinking it is seeing in 3d. I have seen our SGI Onyz chug on what looks fairly simple stuff.

Just be aware when you are looking at your images that this frame rate is very important, so when you think it isn’t working, it may be but just not fast enough to be tricking your brain into thinking it is seeing in 3d. I have seen our SGI Onyz chug on what looks fairly simple stuff.

OK