State of Vulkan Drivers

Hi,

From what I gathered so far, these drivers for platforms are available at this time (17.02.2016):

NVIDIA:
[ul]
[li]Proprietary
[/li][LIST]
[li]Windows 7/8 32-bit
[/li][li]Windows 7/8 64-bit
[/li][li]Windows 10 32-bit
[/li][li]Windows 10 64-bit
[/li][li]Linux 32-bit
[/li][li]Linux 64-bit
[/li][/ul]
[/LIST]

Intel:
[ul]
[li]Open Source
[/li][LIST]
[li] Linux 32-bit
[/li][li] Linux 64-bit
[/li][/ul]
[/LIST]

My question is: did Intel released drivers for Windows ? Announcement was only about Open Source ones for Linux ? Also, are GPUs included in 4th gen Core processors will be supported or 5th gen. is minimal requirement ? I was planning on doing Vulkan-releated development on Macbook Pro with Intel Core 4258u which is 4th gen. CPU.

Hi,

We (AMD) also released a beta Vulkan drivers on launch day and updated them again yesterday. They are available from http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Vulkan-Beta.aspx. These support Windows 7 and up, 32-bit and 64-bit. This is a beta driver. Linux drivers will be made available shortly and a non-beta, conformant Vulkan driver should be included in an upcoming Radeon Crimson software package.

Cheers,

Graham

Hi Graham,

I haven’t tried installing these drivers yet due to lack of time but the note on the bottom of the page says that they won’t work on Apple Boot Camp (and given my experience with AMD drivers on Windows installed on Macs, I am willing to trust that its accurate). Is there any technical reason for that? Do I have to wait for an official release (whenever that might be) to get Vulkan up and running?

Thanks greyfox for better explaining my question. Yes, I intended to use Intel GPU included in Core i5 4258u on bootcamp. Question should be phrased: If Intel releases Vulkan drivers on Windows, will them work on Macbook through Boot Camp ?
If not, I will need to look up different machine for on-the-go development.