Some real working answers

BMF export working.
had to read the key func
‘X’ export BMF

okay so, no run-time parsing of model data like it would be with too many formats such as .obj,
BMF is a compiled file. only time spent loading is on high-res maps, models take very little time.

and that’s how it done. dont need no freaking lib3ds.a to load 3ds models.

God bless David Farrel,
( “and Joe Pesci also; that guy doesn’t mess around. Amazing what you can accomplish with a simple baseball bat” Carlin)

Luckily Blender exports 3ds. With View3ds you got BMF, which my program currently supports.
So I wanna see some cool stuff, People.
lol, no excuses now.

What exactly is going on in this thread? You seem to be posting a bunch of links to various stuff, but it’s not clear what any of it means. This feels like something more appropriate to a Twitter thread than a discussion forum.

I’m unable to follow any of this.

sorry bout that - got sick of not finding the modelling code. so there’s lots of options.

view3ds is a 3ds to bmf converter.
Now you get the parameters dialog - if the exe is run without a 3ds filename.
1st argument - first thing I fixed today.

as for what this is. youre a smart guy, youll figure it out.
got sick of the no help and Google giving me crap links.

thanks for your help, try not to feel sorry for yourself, lol

here are lots of resources
i should have found day ONE!
someone is looking for what I got

cross platform is up to you, I have no way of testing cross-platform - this is Windoze

so no no no giving ME a hard time. lol
unless youre one of those on an ego trip trying to make things
difficult for others. stop your whining and do something to help others.

a great man once said, average people are so average.

this is open universe rewritten from scratch, way more modularized for clearer code.
with way more features and camera modes - stellar travel and gravity examples.

http://trueinnerbeing.x10host.com/code/code.html
dont miss the code!
http://trueinnerbeing.x10host.com/code/view3ds.zip

I’m not giving you a hard time. I’m asking what’s going on in this thread, since it seemed rather difficult to follow. You’ve written some kind of 3ds-to-BMF converter. That’s all I wanted to know.

Yes, I’ve totally done absolutely nothing to help others. None of the stuff in my signature has ever helped anyone. Nor have my contributions to the OpenGL wiki been of value for anyone.

Anyway, if you wanted to get into model animation - you’d need at least this much example working code to study.
To anyone who knows better, you should give anything you have done to anyone creative enough to want it!
Take your copyright and grubby money, and see if it buys you anything real, it will not.
Because you didnt help out, you missed out on what would have been created. you aint all that … lol

sorry, i just get this way, when there’s no help and not enough hugs. is it even worth living? lol

In philosophy, “the Absurd” refers to the conflict between the human tendency to seek inherent value and meaning in life and the human inability to find any.

til u come up with a timeless feeling, which many cannot,
just a robot stuck in a computer head in a simulated matrix, with limited time remaining.
without meaning.

plenty full of people who arent even real, and dont get me started on the lack of real education.
academia is a joke, because real esoteric education is not meant for, nor even understood by 75%.
absurd for me to breathe the same air. my mistake.

I’m not following any of this either. This isn’t a blog site or a Twitter stream. It’s a forum for asking questions related to OpenGL.

For a blog site, you might check out this article for some good links.

Please read the Forum Posting Guidelines and refer to it in the future when opening new threads in these forums. We’re happy to help you out, if you have a question you can convey clearly. Just let us know!