smooth text with opengl?

Hi to all

can somebody help me to draw a very nice and smooth text with opengl?
I did try the 2D text with wglUseFontBitmaps but I can’t zoom and rotate this text
than I did try the 3D text with wglUseFontOutlines, so now I can rotate and zoom the text but teh qualiti is very bad.
Then I tried the polygon smooth and blend and all this stuff without any good results.
So what can I do??

Best regards Steffen

Originally posted by Steffen Herberg:
…Then I tried the polygon smooth and blend and all this stuff without any good results.
So what can I do??

Strange enough, this method works very nicely for me. If you mean “the textured quads approach” I can tell you it works very nicely if you know how to do it wisely.
For that method, texture resolution is critical. I don’t remember how much my text resolution is but I guess it’s at least 256x256, which is pretty little for today’ standards.
Maybe it looks too blurred? I was thinking it too but after taking a look at some X11 displays (with antialiasing on), I don’t think this is a problem.

Hi Obli,

Thank you for this info! Do you have an example for me?

I received somewhat in my mailbox from you. Looks like this topic will be continued as a private discussion. Anyway, I won’t check that anymore.