Smooth Fonts in GL (Again!)

Hi everyone,

I know this has been asked a million times but I just can’t seem to get this to work. I’ve tried SO many different librarys it’s not funny. The closest I came was using “lfontrenderer”. I actually got text up on the screen with that but somewhere in the code it’s clearing the screen so whatever gets drawn before it is wiped out. The other one that almost got me there was FTGL. I could compile the examples and change them but as soon as I tried to use it in my code, it caused all sorts of crazy link errors. Anyway, The thing that’s killing me is that I’m trying to create Anti-Aliased text. There’s a lot of help out there for this but I just can’t seem to get the examples to build (VC++6). I don’t know what the hell I’m doing wrong.

So, Could anyone who as successfully drawn Anti-Aliased text, in the font of your choosing, either pixmaped or textures on quads, on top of a 3D GL window, please, please tell me how you did it? I’m truly desperate.

Thanks sooooo much

-=GB=-

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the NeHe lesson 15 is not texture mapped fonts… well, it is but it’s texture mapped 3D fonts. Not 2d text like I need.

Thanks,

-=GB=-

Look at nehe’s Bitmap font loader lesson 13, which can load any system font and print it to the screen.

From 13 to 17 is lessons on diffrent ways to place text on the screen. One of these may do what you are looking for.

Originally posted by galenb:
[b]Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the NeHe lesson 15 is not texture mapped fonts… well, it is but it’s texture mapped 3D fonts. Not 2d text like I need.

Thanks,

-=GB=-[/b]