Skybox cloud layer (blah blah...)

Now when I have a simple (working) skybox, how can I put a working cloud layer?
I tried moving multitexture for the top side of the box, but the cloud gets visible the corners of the box. Any idea how is the cloud layers realy done?

as far as i can tell, your cloud layer is clipped against the skybox walls. to avoid this, render the skybox with a write-protected z-buffer. i think the command is
glDepthMask(GL_FALSE)to disable zbuffer-write
glDepthMask(GL_TRUE) to enable

you should probably also render the cloud layer with write-protection on so it doesn’t interfere with your world you’re rendering

hth
eik

[This message has been edited by hoshi55 (edited 03-25-2002).]

I’m not sure what do you mean, but when the could moves, it shows the quad borders. I’m just wondering how could I ‘smooth’ the borders so they would kind of blend with the sky.

Are you talking about having a sky box, and a cloud box? …then scrolling the texture matrix of the cloud box?
You’ll always see the edges of the box when moving the cloud box with the texture matrix. I can’t see a problem with rotating the actual cloud box geometry, though - that should work ok. Just disable depth test on the cloud box while you’re rendering it, so it doesn’t get clipped by the sky box.

Yes, yes I know. But have you seen the sky of Hitman Codename 47?
That’s the kind of sky I want.