Simulating hair physics

Hi, I’d like to ask some help and suggestions about simulating hair physics (so basically pulling hair vertices around, and smoothly disposing the adjacent ones).

Please take a look at the embedded video (which shows an application tha can do it): the hair displayed there is made of 15 vertices; once the user drags the active vertices (those inside the circular cursor area), all the hair vertices are moved and repositioned accordingly. To notice that hair length remain the same during the process.

Thanks for any help.

<object width=“425” height=“350”> <param name=“movie” value=“- YouTube”></param> <param name=“wmode” value=“transparent”></param> <embed src=“- YouTube” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” wmode=“transparent” width=“425” height=“350”> </embed></object>

This is not really an OpenGL question. Go find a physics engine or implement it yourself using e.g. the Jacobi method. Also, google is your friend, use it.

That’s why I posted in the Math and Algorithms forum.

And your question is?

I don’t know anything about hair, but it just looks like a IK chain to me. I don’t see any “physics” going on here.