simple question..i think

I am wanting to create an application that will be able to adjust meshes dynamically. For instance: I have a mesh of a person and I have a sliding scale widget that as i move the scale bar the bicep muscles of the mesh will expand or contract.

I am not looking for how to do this, what my question is, what is this refered to as? I ask this so that I can do some research on the net on how it can be done. I believe that it has to do with blending matrices for parts of the mesh but again, I am not sure of the terminology. That is all I am asking, but if you know of some good websites that allow you to do this, I’d apprecitate those as well. :smiley: Thanks in advance.

Wow, it refered to I/O using peripherals (picking i guess), mathematics (rotations, translations, scalings, matrices in general… all about transformations), meshes loading…

Originally posted by Silkut:
Wow, it refered to I/O using peripherals (picking i guess), mathematics (rotations, translations, scalings, matrices in general… all about transformations), meshes loading…
Ummm…huh?

what about soft mesh animation, real-time morphing, skinning ?

Originally posted by jide:
what about soft mesh animation, real-time morphing, skinning ?
morphing is more of changing the vertices of one mesh into the positions of a different mesh. This is not what I’m wanting to do. Perhaps this isn’t a beginner topic. :lol: What I am wanting to do is to dynamically adjust the suface of a mesh. For instance, make the muscles of a human mesh increase and decrease, like flexing. I had heard of one technique that has you blend, sorry if i am using the wrong terminology, the matrices of the vertices together. For instance, on the arm of the human mesh there would be 3 control points, one at the wrist, one at the elbow, and one at the shoulder. The vertices at the elbow control point are effected by the movement of the vertices at the wrist and shoulder where as the vertices at the wrist or shoulder are only effected by the movement of the vertices at the elbow.

Jide > Ce n’etait pas une énumération complete et encore moins exhaustive, comme ce mec avait pas d’air de savoir comment ça se faisait en opengl le lui ai dit ce a quoi il allait se frotter…

I believe that I have found the terminology that I am looking for. I thought I’d post it so that anyone else looking at this will know what it was I was refering to. Vertex Blending is what I was talking about. :slight_smile: