set up a Scene

how do I create a scene easy… it´s not so fun to write the code fore every object I want in the scene… I want a simple way to load the static (non moving) objects and textures in a scene and the render it, and after that I render the moving objects or moves the camera or something. anyone have an idea how I can make this posible ?

Find/buy a 3D engine, or write your own?

if your talking about loading 3d models and such, look for Milkshape 3d on the web. There are tutorials on www.gametutorials.com or nehe.gamedev.net to load its native format. Supports animation too

Originally posted by yakuza:
Find/buy a 3D engine, or write your own?

I am writing my own and I wan´t to load a group of objects with texture and there positions fast and easy.

First the idea behind using a pre-writen engine is that all the hard work of loading a model it taken care of(fast and easy as you asked). Think of using a 3D engine just like using GLUT or any other API.

If you really want to write one from scratch, then you also need to understand how the models are loaded. Take a look at how other people load the models and write your own routines. Or just copy the code for loading the models from someone else and place it in your engine.

:}

Originally posted by McZ:
I am writing my own and I wan´t to load a group of objects with texture and there positions fast and easy.