seeking for help

I own a 3dfx voodoo3 3000 AGP.Can I running a 3d game only in glide?

Of course you can!!! Who told you that you can’t?

Originally posted by Villan007:
Of course you can!!! Who told you that you can’t?

thank you Villan007

You should be able to run Glide, OpenGL and Direct3D games, but the extent of this support may be limited, depending on the OS and software needs (this is an old card from a dead company).

Originally posted by ET3D:
You should be able to run Glide, OpenGL and Direct3D games, but the extent of this support may be limited, depending on the OS and software needs (this is an old card from a dead company).

Hey, don’t say that! Its a great card! And the company is NOT dead, their technology is simply in a different company now.
Also, 3dfx cards have more driver support NOW than they ever had when 3dfx was still 3dfx because people like 3dfx cards and support them.

You can run any game supporting Mini-GL, a sub-set of OpenGL. These include Halflife/Quake, and a lot of others. You can download MiniGL drivrs from 3DFX (or you could)
Also you can run DirectX games (actually you usually find Voodoo 3 runs better under DirectX). Unlike Voodoo II/I, the Voodoo III is a fully DirectX compliant card.
Glide is dead, don’t touch it with a barge pole.

Nigel

Originally posted by Nigel knox:
[b]You can run any game supporting Mini-GL, a sub-set of OpenGL. These include Halflife/Quake, and a lot of others. You can download MiniGL drivrs from 3DFX (or you could)
Also you can run DirectX games (actually you usually find Voodoo 3 runs better under DirectX). Unlike Voodoo II/I, the Voodoo III is a fully DirectX compliant card.
Glide is dead, don’t touch it with a barge pole.

Nigel[/b]

I only can find the Mini-GL v1.49.Do you know where can get the latest Mini-GL?