Runtime Error

Ok I need some help!!!

I just reformated my HD and before that I could play CS and other games just fine. But now I cant, I get this error message.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Sierra\Half-Life
hl.exe

Adnormal Program Termination

Want to know if anyone else has this problem and if anyone knows how to fix it.

1 gig AMD
ASUS Geforce2 V7700 Deluxe

I have all the new updates and still, it will not work.

Please help!!

JAPDOGG

Originally posted by JAPDOGG:
[b]Ok I need some help!!!

I just reformated my HD and before that I could play CS and other games just fine. But now I cant, I get this error message.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Sierra\Half-Life
hl.exe

Adnormal Program Termination

Want to know if anyone else has this problem and if anyone knows how to fix it.

1 gig AMD
ASUS Geforce2 V7700 Deluxe

I have all the new updates and still, it will not work.

Please help!!

JAPDOGG[/b]

Right, can you verify that all of your hardware is in good working condition? and you have not got duff components in? if so get back to me as i have the exact same problem and i am currently trieng to find an answer for it. The problem is with mohaa/sp and the error message is the same as yours if i find out the answer to our problem ill let you no of a fix but in the mean time if you find a fix let me know billywilsonuk@msn.com, thx

Hi, I get this EXACT same problem on my mums new computer trying to run any new-ish game. I have tried for a total of 3 weeks to fix this but I am COMPLETLY stuck.

Here’s a clue as to where the problem lies:

On XP, (the error also occurs in win98 incase you was wondering) but anyway, if you goto display properties and change the screen saver to the maze… it will crash out with an openGL error, also if you set the screen saver to pipes and press preview then it works fine but has white rectangles appear in random places; However if you go into settings of the screen saver, go into display options and tell it to disable hardware rendering (use software rendering only), then go back to preview the screen saver, you get lines flying all over the place and pretty soon it locks up.

This to me says its clearly a software rendering problem.

Here’s what I’ve tried to fix the problem before you go trying all these things yourself:

-Reformatting… (3 times)
-Installing a different OS (still does it on 98)

-Getting the most recent graphics drivers, all motherboard updates, upgrading to directx 9.0 … still no joy

-changing the graphics card, hard drive, cd-rom drive, sound card (all that was left was the motherboard)

-Intalling every graphics problem fixer going, none of them fix this, HOWEVER, one program I installed gave me some useful information, called nvidia refresh rate fix mk2, it told me;

"Capability of using compressed mode format: no;
Uses compressed mode format: no;
Uses hexadecimal compressed mode format: Yes;

SUMMERY:
CRITICAL : a Detonator driver was found, though it does not support the new compressed mode format. Please obtain the newest offical “nvidia detonator driver” from “www.nvidia.com

So… The driver I am using was the newest 3 weeks ago when I downloaded it, there is now a slightly newer one, which I am downloading as I type this but I don’t expect it to work, so I hope the information I’ve given will aid you in working out what the problem is…

Tony

P.S, the g.card is a Geforce TNT2 16mb ram, which i replaced with a Geforce256 32mb ram, which gave the same problems. Motherboard is an AMD duron with VIA chipset.

Thanks for your reply. As of right now I dont know what is going on with this and how to fix it.

System:

1 Gig AMD
ABIT KT7RAID Motherboard
45 gig IBM HD (did have 2 45 gigs, but 1 of them just crashed last weekend Raid 0 )
ASUS V7700 64mb GeForce 2 GTS Deluxe
Jaton 16mb PCI Nvida Vcard
Sound Blaster Live Value
NIC also
Running Windows XP and 2 monitors

Thats my system.

I have all the lastest updates & drivers.

I just Reformated twice. Updated all drivers for:

BIOS, Drivers for Motherboard, ASUS Vcard, Nvida chipset for both Vcards, Sound card, and Windows XP.

It only started happening couple of weeks ago, before that all games ran fine with openGL.

Check this site out also maybe it will help you guys, it did not help me out.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/n1039305243

People with the same problem. Email back if you find anything tho.

Thanks

JAPDOGG
jkmumeno@hotmail.com