Reference Rasteriser

Will opengl 2.0 have a reference rasteriser as in D3D? I like the way that I can use techniques such as pixel shaders, that are unsupported on my graphics card, in software.
Also, will there be a windows release? i.e. Can I can use the fragment shaders, and if unsupported in hardware they will be emulated, much like many features of OGL 1.x, or will these only be accessible through extensions, and hence unavailable to the majority of people?

Thanks

A full opengl driver always supports all required features.

Don’t worry about this - I’m sure MESA will implement 2.0 specs shortly after they are released.

-Lev

Hey bakery, where’s your problem with OpenGL extensions?

A full opengl driver NEARLY always supports all required features

My problem with OGL extensions? I dont have one really, because without them OGL would be so far behind D3D. Also, extensions have allowed the basic interface to be constant for around 10 years. However, the extension problem is that now, an advanced application uses so many extensions that it would be better to include these in the spec, and actually have them implemented on ALL systems.
That was my question, will this occur, or will OGL 2.0 be implemented in the extension mindset, so that only those with cards which will support a feature can use it at all.