Really need help!

Hello
I’m new to OpenGL and haviong serious problems getting things going.

Does anybody have a sample code that surely runs on Borland C++ Builder 5, so that i can see how to set up my Code?

Currently i am using an InitOpenGL-File (by Richard Kaiser) which is setting up the pixelformatdescriptor, but it wont work.

If anybody could tell me how i get an OpenGL code running this would be great.

the nehe-website i already know, but this apps will crash on my PC.

Thanks for any help!!!

Koppernikus
sunsoul@mydiax.ch

Did you download the opengl code marked for Borland?

What type of video card do you have?
What OS are you using?

What examples from the nehe site have you tried?

Can you run other opengl based programs?

Do you have updated openGL drivers?

Originally posted by Koppernikus:
[b]Hello
I’m new to OpenGL and haviong serious problems getting things going.

Does anybody have a sample code that surely runs on Borland C++ Builder 5, so that i can see how to set up my Code?

Currently i am using an InitOpenGL-File (by Richard Kaiser) which is setting up the pixelformatdescriptor, but it wont work.

If anybody could tell me how i get an OpenGL code running this would be great.

the nehe-website i already know, but this apps will crash on my PC.

Thanks for any help!!!

Koppernikus
sunsoul@mydiax.ch[/b]

Hi nexusone

Yes, i used the Borland Codes.
My Video Card is an ATI Rage Mobility Pro (its a Compaq Notebook).

My OS is WIN2000 professional, SP2

I tried the examples 1,2, and 10. but it always causes problems. When i use the exe, it somehow works. if i compile direct with borland, it runs, but because (i think) of the fullscreen mode it crashes the Compiler.

I can run other OpenGL Based programms, but not without errors (or exclamation marks).

Do you think it has something to do with my openGL drivers for my video card? You know, the strange thing is, that for example the codes from the nehe site always generate errors, meaning that code doesnt seem to be proper…but using the exefiles they work. So could it also be, that i have to change some configurations in Borland Builder?

Thanks!

I have not used Borland compiler, but it sounds like compiler problem not an openGL problem.

Originally posted by Koppernikus:
[b]Hi nexusone

Yes, i used the Borland Codes.
My Video Card is an ATI Rage Mobility Pro (its a Compaq Notebook).

My OS is WIN2000 professional, SP2

I tried the examples 1,2, and 10. but it always causes problems. When i use the exe, it somehow works. if i compile direct with borland, it runs, but because (i think) of the fullscreen mode it crashes the Compiler.

I can run other OpenGL Based programms, but not without errors (or exclamation marks).

Do you think it has something to do with my openGL drivers for my video card? You know, the strange thing is, that for example the codes from the nehe site always generate errors, meaning that code doesnt seem to be proper…but using the exefiles they work. So could it also be, that i have to change some configurations in Borland Builder?

Thanks![/b]

The problem for 90% of people who have problems with borland and openGL is they are trying to use glut, or glux, with libraries compiled for MSVC. Unlike .dll’s .lib files are not compilier independent. You must have a .lib file made for your compilier, most people distrubute ones for msvc. You must use either the command line program implib, or cof2omf (might be omf2cof I can never remember), both come with borland so you have them, or you should. I use borland for almost all the stuff i do with openGL, you can download a project using bcb 5 at http://nehe.gamedev.net/tutorials/lesson.asp?l=06, its listed at the bottom. Personaly I use mostly Borland C builder 5.0 for most of my stuff, although I will most likely get version 6 sometime

I have on my page the glut.lib for borland… It is very current.
You can get it at http://cheo.resnet.wayne.edu/miguel/