Querying the number of polygons being passed

Hello Everyone,

i was wondering if there is any way to find the number of polygons being passed to the system, without doing it manually.

What i mean is, i just wanted to see the number of polygons being
passed without occlusion culling and after enabling it. i tried the GL Intercept tool, but without much help.

Can anyone please suggest some tools/methods to do this?
Thanks in advance.

What i mean is, i just wanted to see the number of polygons being passed without occlusion culling and after enabling it.

Occlusion culling does not cull triangles. It culls fragments.

Thanks for the reply Alfonse Reinheart.

Well is it possible to check the view frustum culled objects? i looked into an example in this website, which does it manually. Are there any tools for doing such queries?

Well is it possible to check the view frustum culled objects?

You assume the driver is doing view frustum culling. That’s usually a waste of the hardware’s time; most hardware just discards any fragments generated that fall outside of the viewport. Whether it’s just pieces of triangles or whole triangles.

You can check the number of clipped and culled primitives on AMD hardware with the GPU PerfStudio and I guess you can also query these counters via the GL_AMD_performance_monitor extension, but AMD never documented the counters available for that extension.

I assume NVidia provides similar counters in their debugging/profiling tools.

Thanks for the replies.