quake3 arena

I’m having the same problem as everyone else here, but I’m working with American McGee’s Alice, running Windows XP and using a Voodoo 5. Alas! 3dfx is no more! I don’t have a DVA line in my win.ini file, probably because of the new OS. Should I add it? Any ideas?

-Erl

Originally posted by Shappie:
When i start up my Q3A the console says: GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem…What does that mean and how can i fix it?

you need to download the opengl setup on the page

Originally posted by Razor_Blade:
Sup there people…i am having the same problem with everyone…GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem…i cant play ANY openGL games i am really getting SICK of trying to fix this thing, and from what i c all you people are having the same stuff…WE REALLY NEED SOME HELP…IF ANYONE FINDS OUT HOW TO DO THIS PLZ PUBLISH IT HERE…

just download the glsetup for www.opengl.com you should be able to find it on that page it worked for me also download all the other stuff from open gl something will have to work right

Everybody,
could You please write everything that happened in console before “GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem” accures.

I have XP and such problem in Wolfenstein, but I could avoid it in Q3. Maybe it’s not because of not installed GLSetup in case.

Best regards

I’ve been having this problem lately that when I run Quake 3…it runs fine for a bit then freezes up my whole system. Sometimes I get an error that says Quake 3 caused an error in nvOpenGl.dll . I use a Geforce 2 mx/400 64mb vid card and run Win Me. Anyone know what might be causing this? Also…it used to run just fine but now it almost always crashes. Please help.

Originally posted by Shappie:
When i start up my Q3A the console says: GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem…What does that mean and how can i fix it?

OK now i know everyone and there mom has had problems with open gl and winxp but i need help too… now i have a little odd of a computer its a compaq 7360 … like everyone has said quake worked fine with win 98 but when i tried win xp it doesn’t work … i can’t find a newer driver then the one that XP has already but it still says that it can’t load the open gl subsystem … i’ve tried downloading the newest drivers for my vid card and the update wizard says it can’t find a better match then what it already is using… i have (you can laugh if you want but i don’t have the money for a new card but) a Trident Blade 3d/mvp4 with only 8 meg for ram, its integrated too …i know i know … i’ve also tried to download open gl installers but still no luck … someone help me Please… i want to play quake really bad…plus i would go back to 98 if i could be xp to use my cd burner but it won’t … it says its a burner but it won’t write… i’vce downlaoded the xp updates for it too but what ever… mostly i just want quake to work right now …so if anyone can help please tell me…this is the driver page http://www.viatech.com/drivers.index.htm
trident sold the rights to via tech …so please help PLEASE

First of all, the GLsetup doesn’t work with WinXP, so how come people are telling us to use it? I have the same problem with Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. My computer uses a voodoo3 and is winXP prof, and I also have all the driver updates. There is no ‘DVA’ line in win.ini in WinXP, so am I supposed to add it or not. Some person said it messes up your system if you add it?

i have no idea how to open the gl at all my quake gliches when it starts plz help me if it works on win 98 how HOW does it work

[This message has been edited by scyther (edited 02-13-2002).]

I’ve got the same problem with Quake3arena while running Win2000prof. I downloaded OpenGL, but the question is: what should be the directory for it?
I found file called “win” in my Windows directory, but there is no line “dva=0”. If anyone have clues, please type them cause I’m getting &

[This message has been edited by prikolist (edited 02-20-2002).]

Solution to OpenGL problem

Get the drivers with xp and openGL support or get a videocard that have openGL support.

Idont think anythingelse works…

I have downloaded new drivers but only the xp-openGL supported driver worked.

AMD w SIS305 32m

Originally posted by basem:

if u ever find out plz email me at ajreciever12@aol.com i have same problem

zzzzz

ok u wont find the DVA line in win2k or XP.
u cant use SCITECH GLDirect cos its not a real solution.

u cant use glsetup from www.opengl.org since it only works for 98 based platforms as its so out of date.

pls ppl stop repeating the same “fixes” that only work for old OS’s.