Problems with glDisplayList

> Was the “event” you were creating your DL called before your code to initialize the window? (i.e. before wglCreateContext et. al)

No. The DL creation event ocurrs after the window creation…

>Once created, display lists can’t be modified without recreating the list.

Now I’m confused . What do you mean with “recreating” the list? Call glNewList or glGenLists again?
Because I’m calling glNewList with the same ID. And nothing happens…

Look, what is going on is that my animation is running too slow. As I already had discused in another topic, I’m just drawing a few QUADS and I can’t beliave it’s so slow.
That’s why I want to use DL. Just to see if it improves the performance.

Any comments are welcome.

By recreating the DL, I mean using glNewList/glEndList again. What about your few quads is changing that makes you recreate the display list? I don’t think you’ll see much speed up if it’s…

a) just a few quads

and

b) you recreate the lists every frame

If you want, you can e-mail me the code to take a look at and I’ll see if I can tell what’s wrong when I get the time.

I’m not trying to recreate the DL every frame!

What I’m doing is to create an scene and then run the simulation. During the simulation the environment is the same and there is no need to change the DL.
But if the user change the scene, then the DL need to be recreated before the new simulation starts.

Anyway, I forgot this DL stuff for while. There are many things to be done and since I didn’t find a solution I continued the implementation without DL.

But thanks for everybody who tried to help me on this.

I know this solution is moronically simple but seen as everything else you’ve done semms ok the problem could be this stupid:
Are you creating the display list prior to initilazing OpenGL. I racked my brains for two weeks on this problem and could have kicked myself .