Problems with auxDIBImageLoad and textures

I am trying to begin texture mapping and so I am trying NeHe’s Tutorial number 6 on this subject, but I receive this error message when linking : unresolved external auxDIBImageLoadA@4(
Would anyone be so kind and help me. If anyone could help me with this problem or provide code for texture mapping I would be most grateful. Thanks again

You’ll have to add glaux.lib to the project. If you use VC++ goto project->Settings->link->External library/object modules. Add glaux.lib to the list and make sure you do that for both the debug and release configurations.

The technical FAQ advice is not to use glaux, as it is outdated. However many samples still use it. Does glut have an equivalent function to import bmp files?

Glut doesn’t have any image loading routines. GLaux may be outdated, but it is still the quickest way to load a BMP file w/o having to grab extra libraries.

For myself, I have been working on a texture library for reading different image formats. Since nobody else has my library and I haven’t completed it enough to distribute, I still use GLaux for loading bitmaps for demos when I don’t feel like using copy/paste to pull my own code out of my library.

ok thank you very much

Originally posted by Ritchie:
The technical FAQ advice is not to use glaux, as it is outdated. However many samples still use it. Does glut have an equivalent function to import bmp files?

If you don’t want to use glaux in your final product, whip up a tiny little program which uses glaux to read your BMP, and write out a raw bitmap. Then your final product can just load this straight in. Of course this also opens the door to doing all manner of improvements, such as compressing the raw bitmap (e.g. with zlib - http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/zlib/),,) gluing all your bitmaps together into a single file, etc. etc.