Problems inserting .dae objects on Google Earth

I noticed that a lot of tags of .dae don’t work on Google Earth,like <polygon> and <polylist>.
I am drawing everything with triangles to solve this problem. But now a have a major problem. The tag <geographic location> doesnt work.
Here comes the example:
I am just trying to draw a wall with 20 meters height beetween this 2 points:
(This coordinates are in WGS84 projection, the same as google earth)
p1 : -43.9537875545231 -19.8921859968038
p2 : -43.9537043370875,-19.8921803583847

<code>
<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?>
<COLLADA xmlns=“http://www.collada.org/2008/03/COLLADASchema” version=“1.5.0”>
<asset>
<coverage>
<geographic_location>
<longitude>-43.9537875545231</longitude>
<latitude>-19.8921859968038</latitude>
<altitude mode=“relativeToGround”>0</altitude>
</geographic_location>
</coverage>
</asset>
<library_images>
<image id=“material0-image”>
<init_from>tijolo.jpg</init_from>
</image>
</library_images>
<library_materials>
<material id=“material0ID”>
<instance_effect url="#material0-effect"/>
</library_materials>
<library_effects>
<effect id=“material0-effect”>
<profile_COMMON>
<newparam sid=“material0-image-surface”>
<surface type=“2D”>
<init_from>material0-image</init_from>
</surface>
</newparam>
<newparam sid=“material0-image-sampler”>
<sampler2D>
<source>material0-image-surface</source>
</sampler2D>
</newparam>
<technique sid=“COMMON”>
<phong>
<diffuse>
<texture texture=“material0-image-sampler” texcoord=“UVSET0”/>
</diffuse>
</phong>
</technique>
<extra>
<technique profile=“GOOGLEEARTH”>
<double_sided>1</double_sided>
</technique>
</extra>
</profile_COMMON>
</effect>
</library_effects>
<library_geometries>
<geometry id=“mesh1-geometry”>
<mesh>
<source id=“mesh1-geometry-position”>
<float_array id=“mesh1-geometry-position-array” count=“12”>
-43.9537875545231 -19.8921859968038 0
-43.9537043370875 -19.8921803583847 0
-43.9537043370875 -19.8921803583847 20
-43.9537875545231 -19.8921859968038 20
</float_array>
<technique_common>
<accessor source="#mesh1-geometry-position-array" count=“4” stride=“3”>
<param name=“X” type=“float”/>
<param name=“Y” type=“float”/>
<param name=“Z” type=“float”/>
</accessor>
</technique_common>
</source>
<source id=“mesh1-geometry-uv”>
<float_array id=“mesh1-geometry-uv-array” count=“8”>0 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 </float_array>
<technique_common>
<accessor source="#mesh1-geometry-uv-array" count=“4” stride=“2”>
<param name=“S” type=“float”/>
<param name=“T” type=“float”/>
</accessor>
</technique_common>
</source>
<vertices id=“mesh1-geometry-vertex”>
<input semantic=“POSITION” source="#mesh1-geometry-position"/>
</vertices>
<triangles material=“material0” count=“2”>
<input semantic=“VERTEX” source="#mesh1-geometry-vertex" offset=“0”/>
<input semantic=“TEXCOORD” source="#mesh1-geometry-uv" offset=“1”/>

		      0 2 1 3 2 1
			  0 2 2 1 3 0
		   &lt;/p&gt;
        &lt;/triangles&gt;
     &lt;/mesh&gt;
  &lt;/geometry&gt;

</library_geometries>
<library_visual_scenes>
<visual_scene id=“Cena”>
<node id=“mesh1”>
<instance_geometry url="#mesh1-geometry">
<bind_material>
<technique_common>
<instance_material symbol=“material0” target="#material0ID">
<bind_vertex_input semantic=“UVSET0” input_semantic=“TEXCOORD” input_set=“0”/>
</instance_material>
</technique_common>
</bind_material>
</instance_geometry>
</node>
</visual_scene>
</library_visual_scenes>
<scene>
<instance_visual_scene url="#Cena"/>
</scene>
</COLLADA>
</code>

When i remove the tags in red, it’s works, but of course not in the correct geographical space.

Hi There

Google Earth doesn’t yet support the 1.5 spec. Currently it supports the 1.4.1 spec which doesn’t include the geo-location tag. If you want to correctly locate a model you can wrap it in a kmz file (http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documen … hives.html).

Best Regards
Bryce Stout
Product Manger
Google