Problem with OpenGL console app on dev-c++

I’ve been trying to create a console app using dev-c++. I was just wondering has anyone done this and can help me with a problem. I was able link and run a program using the windows api (not sure about terminology sorry). But when I try to compile and link using glut (and a sample that looks more like the ansi c I’m familiar with) I get all sorts of linking errors. I got the opengl95.exe and the glut zip off of nate’s site and put them where the instruction told me, but still I’m getting link errors. Can anyone who has done this help me out at all? Thanks in advance.

Sleypy

What are the link errors???

Originally posted by Sleypy:
[b]I’ve been trying to create a console app using dev-c++. I was just wondering has anyone done this and can help me with a problem. I was able link and run a program using the windows api (not sure about terminology sorry). But when I try to compile and link using glut (and a sample that looks more like the ansi c I’m familiar with) I get all sorts of linking errors. I got the opengl95.exe and the glut zip off of nate’s site and put them where the instruction told me, but still I’m getting link errors. Can anyone who has done this help me out at all? Thanks in advance.

Sleypy [/b]

Originally posted by nexusone:
[b]What are the link errors???

[/b]

Sorry don’t have the message in front of me but it was a linking error undefined ref __glutInitWithExit. Got this a bunch of times for different __glut calles.

Well, I believe I found a solution if not a explaination. This line had to be added into my dev-c++ project.

#define GLUT_DISABLE_ATEXIT_HACK

I also had to add <windows.h> It seems that VC automatically adds it or something the reason why my friends worked without it Though thats just speculation and I can’t confirm it.

Sleypy