Problem about PBuffer

I found a very strange problem about pbuffer(pixel buffer) in new Geforce card,the problem is when I open a program that has a pbuffer,then switch to a chinese input method,the program is dead.I found the samples in NVSDK 9.5 also has the same problem.The problem seems to be occured in some new Intel DualCore CPU motherboard,below is my machine’s equipment :

• Asus P5B(Intel P965 chipset) + Intel Core™2 1.86G;

• NV GF7600GS + NV91.74 Driver;

• WinXP + SP2;

The problem is such strange that I can’t find out any way to solve it,so anyone can give me any tips?

I found a very strange problem about pbuffer(pixel buffer) in new Geforce card,the problem is when I open a program that has a pbuffer,then switch to a chinese input method,the program is dead.
No offense, pango, but perhaps you should seek some clinical help for this one. That’s my tip, for what it’s worth.

then switch to a chinese input method,
You need to describe in more details what really happens when you do this.
Which OS ? Is there any fullscreen/windowed toggle ? A change of window input focus ? etc.

My problem only happen in some new support Intel Core2 CPU motherboard computer,with Chinese WinXP(I think it may happend also in Japanese or Korean WinXP),the problem is when I start a OGL program with pbuffer,and then swich to a chinese language input method,the OGL program is dead.

I find some clues:I use Spy++ to monitor the pbuffer sample program in NVSDK9.5,found the program has two threads,one thread is main window thread,the other has a window named “NVOpenGLPbuffer”,but the thread has no window to receive message because I found the “WindowProc” address of “NVOpenGLPbuffer” is not available;It is not allowd in some East Language WinXP because it will make program dead,so why NVIDIA’s driver create a pbuffer related window in a thread that has no window to receive message?

ask nivida. Maybe they are not yet aware of this problem.

ZbufferR:
How to ask nvidia?can you tell me a e-mail address?

I ran into this problem a while ago. I never isolated it to pbuffer usage, but that makes sense, as the app does use pbuffers.

I did find a workaround…
Open Control Panel->Regional and Language Options. Go to the Languages tab and click on the Details button. Go to the Advanced tab and enable the “Extend support of advanced text services to all programs” option.

That worked here, and I really see no downside to it. I don’t know why it’s not on by default, since you can easily lock up a program like this if it’s not enabled!

• LoopinFool

LoopinFool :
I had do the steps you replied,but the problems exist still,what’s the version of Windows you use?I’m using Simpliezed Chinese Version + SP2;

We use English WinXP SP2, then add input methods for whatever language(s) are needed. Perhaps there’s a bigger problem when running on an actual Chinese version of Windows.