Originally posted by zeckensack:
[b]So you weren’t satisfied with old thread on the same topic ?
Anyway, wild guess: your texgen params still aren’t right. I could hand you the right ones if you actually answered the question I posed in the other thred.
Oh well … there goes the ‘advanced’ forum …[/b]
k zeckensack, the reason i posted again is cause i fixed the problem with ur suggestion, but the quality was poor. so i updated the website and posted again to show the new changes and my new problem.
k herez how im setting my filters
currentCoeff(0) = 0#
currentCoeff(1) = 0#
currentCoeff(2) = -1 / (dblZMax - dblZMin + 95)
currentCoeff(3) = 0#
glGenTextures 1, texName
glBindTexture glTexture1D, texName
glTexParameteri glTexture1D, tpnTextureWrapS, GL_REPEAT
glTexParameteri glTexture1D, tpnTextureMagFilter, GL_LINEAR
glTexParameteri glTexture1D, tpnTextureMinFilter, GL_LINEAR
glTexImage1D glTexture1D, 0, GL_RGBA, ColorScaleWidth, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, bytColorScale(0)
glTexImage1D glTexture1D, 0, 4, ColorScaleWidth, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, bytColorScale(0)
glTexEnvf tetTextureEnv, tenTextureEnvMode, tepModulate
glTexGeni GL_S, GL_TEXTURE_GEN_MODE, tgmObjectLinear
glTexGenfv GL_S, tgObjectPlane, currentCoeff(0)
no the right textures are being generated, but as u can c on the link posted above, there are bands of colors which doesnt look very realistic.
could it be happening cause im using byte as the format. using a float would (i think) cause some improvements.