PNY GF4 MX440 AAGP 64ddr

Hi having just a small problem running halflife and Q3 whilst running and turning I note my screen ‘judders’, not sure if this would be an openGL issue or not tried changing Halflife to D3D but get the same issue… I have downloaded the latest patch for the nvidia drivers.

Currently running game on;

1 gig duron
Epox mobo EP-8kta3l

Any suggestions??? other than these games unreal tournament and deus ex which auto detect graphics cards using d3d run smooth as a nut…

I solved my problem (could not play Half life or any other modes of the game in another way than “Sofware-mod” !! so i had no opengl nor direct3d)
my drivers are all up to date (leadtek gforce4 mx440 running on wind2k)

i downloaded this file :
nVidia Refresh Rate Fix MKII for Detonator 40.41
(nividia’s script modified by a programmer)

• Solves 60 Hz bug for DirectDraw, Direct3D and OpenGL
  • Lets you specify refresh rates from 60 up to 240.
  • Compatible to Detonator 40.41
  • Also works with older Detonators, since 28.32)
    Description
    If you have a nVidia graphics card, you’ll probably know about the very common bug, that occurs together with the nVidia Detonator drivers under Windows NT/2000/XP: Normally, you can’t get a higher refresh rate than 60 Hz in the OpenGL/Direct3D modes, which makes you very blind after a while of gaming. :wink: I programmed this tool, to fix this bug, since I could not find an existing tool for this on the internet, which is compatible with the new official Detonator v28.32 drivers. There already were some tools around that supported the older Detonator versions.

now half life runs smooth and fine for me

Refresh rates with windows and opengl are not the best of couples so improving your PC allows it to be more stable as a game platform…

two advises : Go to Half life and counterstrike Web site’s forum in the tech problems part and see for advise on OPENGL or ask them telling exactly the same message u get when error occures
i got my advise, that allowed my pc to run OpGL with HL on the DAY OF DEFEAT’s forum this is the link : (i am sure there are settings and stuff u can use to improve your pc and help your card run opengl) http://forums.dayofdefeatmod.com/forums/…&threadid=27528