Performance of Multitexturing methods

i have a little performance question

will the performance decrease if i use glMultiTexCoord and glActiveTexture instead of holding the texture in a texture list and bind it with glBindTexture? in case of the same performance i don’t have to handle if the render object is multitextured or not.
i hope you understand my question!

thanks

Originally posted by H.Stony:
[b]i have a little performance question

will the performance decrease if i use glMultiTexCoord and glActiveTexture instead of holding the texture in a texture list and bind it with glBindTexture? in case of the same performance i don’t have to handle if the render object is multitextured or not.
i hope you understand my question!

thanks[/b]
What do you mean exactly ? :slight_smile:

You always need to bind the wanted texture before you’ll be able to use it and that whether you use ActiveTexture and/or MultiTexCoord** or not.

If I’m not wrong you can use display lists to encapsulate texture environment calls. It should be the same thing for performing computation on the texture matrix as long as you keep static transformations.
Doing other texture stuff outside a display list is surely not slowler.

I can’t say more.

another try: is it faster to render a object with glTexCoord texturecoordinate defintion than rendering an object with glMultiTexCoord with only one texture layer

i know my explanation is not good. so i will benchmark it myselft but thanks

i found the answer. it doesnt matter.