payed work, help needed immediately

Hello to all,

My name is Cormack o’ Connor and currently I am a research assistant at the University of Dublin. We are currently shorthanded and are looking for some help on the completion of a simple demo tutorial for students in our graphics theory class for which neither I nor the professor has the time to do so. We are looking for someone who is very experienced in openGL and has worked with Perlin Noise and Nate Robbins glm object reader class (this is what the students will be using). The work is very straight forward with very specific instructions and should not take more then 5 hours for someone who is well versed in the aforementioned topics. The pay would be around 30-50 US dollars with the opportunity for larger pay scaled jobs as a University of Dublin consultant in the future (nice to put on a resume). This is perfect for someone who is looking for some on the side free lance work. Payment will be dispersed via paypal once the job is completed. The job needs to be completed within the next the 24 hours, preferably sooner. We’d also prefer that any participant have a messanging name at one of the major services (AIM, yahoo, google, msn) so we might be able to touch base frequently. Prior message board activity will be taken into account if their are multiple persons interested. If you have the time and are interested, please e-mail me at cormackoconnor@yahoo.ie as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Cormack

Is that some kind of joke? $30-50 for 5 hours software engineering?
Lets hope your students don’t read this or they may transfer to a course with better prospects.
No wonder Irelands full of call centres if those are the kind of wages on offer.

$6/£3 an hour , I ask you…

… with a 24 hour deadline on a weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

If anyone takes him up on this I want his number. I could make a fortune sub-contracting the sap.

you both seem to have lost your ideals somewhere along the way…

I’m sure he meant $30-50 per hour. It’s a university, they have money.

Don’t knock it, here in the UK we have built a world renowned higher education system by severely underpaying highly qualified people :slight_smile:

how can university personnel be underpaid when students have to pay some thousand pounds per semester?

It’ll be for $25 an hour, for about 1-2 hours. For anyone that has a lot of experience, the work should be very straight forward. If you’re interested please e-mail. Thanks.

Cormack

Originally posted by RigidBody:
you both seem to have lost your ideals somewhere along the way…
You obviously mean the University of Dublin must have lost its ideals somewhere along the way, RigidBody. Or are you seriously supporting big business exploiting workers by paying them below minimum wage? :eek:

i was kidding- remember i’m one of those germans who know how humour works :wink: - because i do not think that this offer is serious. i rather think what we have here is a lazy student who considers himself clever for not starting this post with “please do my homework for me”.

and, of course, i don’t support exploiting workers- far from it, i think my monthly cheque should be bigger :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I work as a so called HiWi(Hilfswissenschaftler=Helper Scientist), this are jobs for students in Germany and I get payed 7 Euro/hour (10 hours per week). The job is pretty calm and I don’t need to do much. Hovewer 50$ and 24-hour deadline don’t really stick together :-/

Alright, anyone who’s interested in doing just a little work for 100 US dollars, please contact me ASAP. It’s not a 24 hour job, it would only take 2 hours at most for someone who has experience. This is the most I can pay, and I’ve cut out a lot of the work that I initially required. If you’re interested and unsure, please e-mail me and I can show you what I need and then you can decide if it’s worth your time or not. And if you’re worried about recieving the pay, we can do it in installments. Thanks.
cormackoconnor@yahoo.ie.

cormack

Originally posted by cormack:
… it would only take 2 hours at most for someone who has experience…
Software engineering usually takes a lot more than what you’ve planed, even for a seemingly simple task. I’ve encountered numerous problems I thought I’d solve in 20 minutes, and then I’d spend several days on them, as I’m sure every serious developer has.

I’d suggest you pay per hour - it’s almost impossible you get a working application for only two hours of work.

Maybe I should mention, the application is already almost complete so the person would just be making some additions. If you’re interested, take a look and we can figure something out.

Cormack

Adding to an existing project requires time to understand the existing code base before any modifications can be made. It’ll take much longer for a 3rd party to add a module to an existing project than it would the original author. Something tells me you haven’t factored this into your estimate.
Have you cleared this with your bosses at UOD?
I can only imagine they’d be mortified by this whole affair.

Originally posted by RigidBody:
i was kidding- remember i’m one of those germans who know how humour works :wink:
Phew! I’m glad you were joking.
I’m no communist, but I’m a firm believer in people being paid at least a reasonable proportion of what their work is worth.

why dont you just post the project details. ppl who can complete the project may contact you directly with some previous project screenshot. you may choose the ppl that you like.

its more win2 situation.

at this moment, we dont even know what kind of project you are offering. how can we judge our caps without knowing what to do?

Originally posted by knackered:
I’m no communist, but I’m a firm believer in people being paid at least a reasonable proportion of what their work is worth.
the problem with communism is that people are not motivated, because you can be better than the others and still have the same standard of living.

actually i think we germans are communists, too- but we like to call it a “social system”. if you earn 12000 euros per year, you pay no taxes at all. if you earn 50000 per year, you pay four times as much taxes (and, of course, more health insurance etc.) as someone who earns 25000 per year.

Personally, I think this whole thing sounds like a scam. And I’m not sure if I trust a University whose researchers can’t spell ‘paid’.

Not impressed.