OpenGL with Java3D

Hi,
I’ve recently been trying to get the openGL version of java 3D working on my vodoo3 based system, but keep getting a linkage error. The relases notes say that this is because I haven’t got openGl installed on My system. What do I need to do to rectify this? What files do I need to install and download? i know there is a program called GLSetup which downloads the files neccessary, but my home system does not have an internet connection at the moment : ( so I think I’ll have to do it manually. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers.

Shane

Hello Shane,

Initially when I installed J3d and ran various demos I received the error message

“java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no J3D in shared library path”.

I overcame this problem by copying the J3D files into the following directories as shown.

\jdk1.2.2\jre\bin
j3d.dll
j3daudio.dll

\jdk1.2.2\jre\lib\ext
j3dcore.jar
j3dutils.jar
j3daudio.jar
vecmath.jar

In the MS Windows environment, the actual OpenGL dll (opengl32.dll) is provided with the windows OS and resides in the system32 directory. The j3d.dll is the “link” between the application and the OpenGL dll. If the the j3d.dll cannot be found by the application it will produce the above error.

You can download the J3D API from http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/3D/index.html.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards,
Cedric

Originally posted by Shanek:
[b]Hi,
I’ve recently been trying to get the openGL version of java 3D working on my vodoo3 based system, but keep getting a linkage error. The relases notes say that this is because I haven’t got openGl installed on My system. What do I need to do to rectify this? What files do I need to install and download? i know there is a program called GLSetup which downloads the files neccessary, but my home system does not have an internet connection at the moment : ( so I think I’ll have to do it manually. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers.

Shane[/b]