openGL will not work for me in windows 2000 pro please help

I am trying to run unreal(1) in openGL with windows 2000 pro and with the
unreal 225f patch.Every time i set unreal in the advanced options to openGL
and i start up unreal the word unreal comes up on my screan then the screan
goes black and then comes back to my desktop. I have read severl post on this forum about simerler problums and i tryed everything that i hav read.I installed SciTech 3 and now the game will run in openGL but very poorly and not i get 2 diff. errors that i never got befor ,but the errors only happen when i shut off the game.
In the main section of SciTech i have it set to Maximum Compatibility(Use SciTech GLDirect CAD Driver) and this is the error i get:
Critical Error
Assertion failed:wglMakeCurrent(NULL,NULL)[File:M:\Unreal224\OpenGL.cpp][Line:603]
History:UOpenGLRenderDevice::UnsetRes<-UOpenGLRenderDevice::Exit<-DeleteRenDev<-UViewport:: Destroy
<-(WindowsViewpoint Transient.WindowsClient0.WindowsViewpoint0)<-WindowsViewpoint:: Distroty<-
UObject::ConditionalDestroy<-(WindowsViewpointTransient.WindowsClient0.WindowsViewpoint0)<-
DispatchDistroy<-)8972:WindowsViewpoint Transient:WindowsClient0.WindowsViewpoint0)<-DispatchDestroys<-
UObject::PurgeGarbage<-UObject::StaticEXit<-appPreExit
And with Maximum Performance(Use SciThec GLDirect Game Dricer)i get this error but the game does not start:
Critical Error
General protection fault!
History:UOpenGLRenderDevice::Flush<-UOpenGlRenderDevice::SetRes<-UOpenGLRenderDevice::Init<-
UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice<-UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow<-UGameEngine::Init<-InitEngine

I am sorry for the long post

Any help would be great
THX

P.S. i also tryed using a GeFORCE 4 Ti4600 AGP video card and both cards had
the most reasint Nvidia Drivers and still no good and i also have windows and all PC drivers up to date
My System Is:
ABIT KG7-R Motherboard
AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.4 Processor
512MB PC2100 DDR RAM
WB 40gig7200 RPM Harddrive
GeFORCE 2 MX 400 64MB AGP Video Card
No Sound Card
350w Power Supply
WNDOWS 2000 PRO
DirectX 8.1

[This message has been edited by cookiemonsterMoA (edited 02-25-2003).]

come on all
someone must know who to fix this

[This message has been edited by cookiemonsterMoA (edited 02-26-2003).]

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_archive
Go to the very last 2. download the bottom one and install. Do not freak out when the Windows Icon message comes up. install it no matter what. Restart computer.
Go back and download the second driver from the bottom. Repeat all the above steps.
Than download the LATEST drivers.

The for the post Bracholi
Idid excatly what u said to do ,when i instaled the first driver it all seemed to go well,but when i got to the last screan that said to hit finsh button to finish it also said
error the specifide file could not be found but it did not say witch file.Then i rebooted anyway went to device manger and i had a ? next to the display adapter.So i installed the next driver and the same thing happened.So i installed the latest driver (41.09) and that went smooth and no errors ,after i rebooted ,i tryed to play my game in openGL and the same thing happens.
so if u have any other seggestiong that would be grerat.
P.S. U put this in your post
“Do not freak out when the Windows Icon message comes up. install it no matter what. Restart computer.”
what windows icon were u talking about i did not notice any.
thx again

Hay Bracholi,
do u ao does anyone else have any ideas this is realy fustrating and i see lots of people getting it to work but i cant so i know it can work but how???

I have been having similar problems, no opengl stuff worked under windows 2000 pro but here is how i fixed it:
It seems that there is a problem with the opengl32.dll (modified 7/12/99 691 984 bytes) file in my C:\WINNT\system32 folder and a much older version of the file (modified 24/08/96 733 296 bytes) works much better.
When i go to replace it in the system32 directory windows won’t let me (i think this has something to do with my priviliges settings - i just upgraded to 2000 and am not all that familiar with it). So what i do is copy the working dll into the same folder as the program’s executable i am trying to launch.

(Thanks to the person who suggested this first, I can’t remember who it was.)

i have tryed that but the game runs realy bad

Hi,

I had a simular problem with Unreal (Mission
to Na Pali). Check the Advanced Options in Unreal for software/hardwrae accelleration and make sure it’s according to your system’s stettings. For some reason the program “sticks” to a software renderer. Don’t have UT running now, so I can’t be more specific. If that doesn’t work, I’d lose the patch and try without it.

Good Luck, P.B.

thx for the reply TOO FAST
i fixed the openGl problum in unreal 1 i found out how ti get it to run openGL with out replacing any drivers or adding any soft where
thx
if u or any 1 wants to know how to fix it feel free to email me
and thx again for all of your reply

Originally posted by cookiemonsterMoA:
thx for the reply TOO FAST
i fixed the openGl problum in unreal 1 i found out how ti get it to run openGL with out replacing any drivers or adding any soft where
thx
if u or any 1 wants to know how to fix it feel free to email me
and thx again for all of your reply

Can you post up how you fixed this? I am having the same problem with UT after it working ok for a couple of hours. I’ve applied the No CD crack